Sunday, August 24, 2008

Still Here

Yup, no signs of labor yet. As in still doing my morning aerobics, weight-lifting and having my afternoon maternity walk.

I came across an article, it says that only 4% of women deliver (give birth) on their due dates. While 98% of women will give birth 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after. So since I am already out of the league on the '2 weeks before', I might probably be giving birth 2 weeks after my due date. If this is the case, goodluck to me! I still have 2 weeks of being... single??

Imagine all the changes that a baby can bring once the little one is already out. In all aspects, I think I am ready for that changes. When I got married, I have already psyched myself that in the next few months or so, I will be pregnant and will be a mother soon. That was easy for me, because I've always wanted to become a mother.

A
nyway, I realized that I still have a lot of things to learn about labor and delivery. I've been studying the stages of labor for weeks now, to orient myself of what's gonna happen once those painful contractions starts and what to do and not to do on the labor and delivery room. But I haven't learned how to time my contractions yet. Though it's pretty simple but I need to practice before I go into labor. Then there's this relaxation technique, I just scanned through them pero hindi ko na tinutukan. Tamad eh. Lastly, I still have no idea about the proper breathing during labor. Hmmm... I have a Ninang who's a midwife, according to my Mom, she'll arrange a mini-orientation for me so that my Ninang can give me tips, do's and don'ts and all that there is to learn during labor/delivery.

Aside from the labor and delivery thing, I am keeping myself pre-occupied by planning my niece's birthday. Yup, I am actively planning, doing some errands for my SIL (she's working kasi). Since I love to organize parties, I am doing an extra effort right now for my beloved niece even though I am pregnant. Did some checklist today, in the next few days, I will layout the invitations and tarpaulin. Then plan on the giveaways, on what to put on the lootbags, the decors etc.

I have less than two weeks to prepare all these.

1 comment:

Mayet said...

Wala ka gina, huhu! Hehehe. Pati ah. Enjoy pa si baby M sa tiyan mo ah. He's taking his time. Daw na-shock man ko ga-weight lifting ka ya, imagine ko ya ang bug-at gid hahaha! I'm sure ang mag-an lang man na. Ma-one year na gali Yannah? Kadasig lang ba.