Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Birthing Plans

My OB is not really particular about birthing plans, but just to be safe, I'd to like to prepare my own birthday plans so I can discuss it to her the next time I have my prenatal checkup.
  1. By all MEANS and as long as I can bear the pain.. I want to undergo a normal delivery.
  2. If I can have a slight snack during active labor.
  3. My husband doesn't want to have a camera inside the delivery room to give me privacy. But my OB says it's okay to have a camera inside.
  4. No mirrors will be used during delivery. I usually faint when I see a blood, so as much as I wanted to see the "birth", I might loose my energy or faint in the middle of the birthing activity.
  5. Pain medication will only be applied if I'm gonna request it. As much as possible, avoid the use of epidurals.
  6. I'd like to have an external fetal monitoring at all times during labor.
  7. Induce labor if needed.
  8. Hold the baby immediately after birth. If possible, breastfeed right away.
  9. I want to room in my baby if there are no complications.
  10. Have a copy of my baby's finger and footprints.

No comments: