Tuesday, August 5, 2008

36 Weeks - Bad Belly Shots

I've made it to 9months! Wow!

Things are little getting a little bit worst now. I'm a bit sore, and bad news is, I developed this rash on my belly and it soooooo itchy!!! My OB says that this is normal, and the lesions will basically disappear after giving birth. That's fine with me, it's better to have it than stretchmarks that will permanently leave a scar on your belly. But the itch is realy bothering!

Known as PUPP or Puritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy is a skin eruption that usually starts on the abdomen and sometimes appears on thighs, arms, buttocks of expectant mothers. The good thing, it doesn't recur in subsequent pregnancies and it is safe for both baby and the mother (thank God!). It's actually like a "bungang araw" that's located on the abdomen.

So to alleviate the itch, I try to avoid chicken, eggs, pork or anything that could trigger the itch (foods that could cause an allergy) and I'm watching my abdomen using the Lactacyd Blue. I once had a rash in my arms, but that was last summer pa. My OB in Medical City prescribed the Lactacyd Blue as my daily bath. After two weeks, the rash disappeared.

I'm a user of Lactacyd Pink for 5 years, and haven't heard of Lactacyd Blue until baby Yannah arrives. My SIL uses this as her baby's bath soap. I was surprised that the Lactacyd Blue is also used as facial soap (and body soap) for adults who are suffering from acne, dermatitis, eczema and puritis (itchy rashes). It really works, but it can make your skin dry.

Now as of my last prenatal checkup, my OB did an internal examination already. Gulay! It's was... well painful. Twa's my first time and though I've heard a lot about pregnant women getting IEd, I didn't have that clear idea of how the OB is doing it. Hahaha.. now I know! Shacks. According to the result, I don't have an opening yet, that means, baby M still has a few more weeks inside my belly. It seems he is enjoying his stay there. Well that's good, since he is not yet in "full term". I've read that the longer the baby stays in Momma's belly, the more he'll become healthy (as long as he's no overdue).

My "walking in the park" does seem to help, but I think kulang pa. The weather was bad last week, so I didn't reach my 8-10 rounds of walk daily. When I reached 37th week, I'm gonna take that exercise seriously na to induce labor hahaha.

Few weeks from now, I'm going to be Mom. What would my life be?? I wonder.

7 comments:

Mayet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mayet said...

I like Lactacyd Blue as body wash. The pink one's mainly for the you know what but a co-worker who used to work for Sanofi said pareho lang daw na ang blue and pink. Fragrance lang naglain. Hehe. Fem wash is good for people with sensitive skin. Balanced ang ph. Hahaha!

Jarminator said...

oo meyms. i've read it too, i guess marketing strategy heheh. so that would leave us to the conclusion that men can also use lactacyd pink (not just feminine wash) as body wash? hehehe

Mayet said...

Hahaha! Pwede gid. Pero namian ko smell sg blue kay gaka-remind ko sg mga bata kag sg ila habol and ulunan. Hehehe. I like using pang kids na body wash hahaha. Si Yannah dumduman ko naman hehehe. Tawa JM kay pagtan-aw niya kay Yannah nagakadlaw pa next niya nga balikid nagakaon na cake. Hehehe!

Jarminator said...

hehehe... siguro kung may time pa to kag nahimutaran nya kamo mayo indi to sya mag hibi. gaka kibot na sya daan if she's new faces.

oo galagas na na sya subong pagkaon hehehe. ari naman dri sya buwas gani.

Mayet said...

Tani next time namon kita sa iya lawig na para madugsing ko siya. Kaulumol gid. Hehehe.

Unknown said...

Feminine Wash For Pregnant review