Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's Official! We've Made It To Full-Term!

Yup yup yup! 37 weeks!!

Full-term?? It means that if little guido arrives now, his lungs is fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside my womb, even though my due date is still weeks away. So I had my ultrasound last Saturday, and will return to my OB this tuesday for another checkup. I've been having regular contractions already, stronger Braxton Hicks, definitely swollen hands (my wedding ring won't fit anymore) and face and ankles, but nothing at all to complain about. Per usual, I can feel the head putting pressure on my cervix which although a little sore and painful, I get very excited! It's slowly happening! I am very thankful that I have an uncomplicated pregnancy, and that my baby is cephalic ever since (heads down). It's hard for me to walk , climb up and down the stairs, to stand-up, to change positions while sleeping and to get up and down from the car since last week.

The last time I had an ultrasound was when I was 18weeks pregnant at Medical City in Manila, and it was detected that I will be having a little boy. Now on my 37th week of pregnancy, my OB required an ultrasound for the last time just for a Biophysical Profile.


Baby M's head.. the guy got some round cheeks like his Papa

As of 37weeks, the estimated weight of my baby boy is 5lbs and 9Oz. Good!! He's not that BIIIGGG as I expected hehehe... madaling ilabas. But I think I needed to eat more pa, it's better if he weights around 6lbs. Also, I have an adequate amniotic fluid and baby M has a good and healthy heartbeat. Whew! Hirap nyan ha, for 9 months, I have been working hard to take good care of baby so I was kind of rejoicing hearing and learning about this excellent result. It means, I have been a good Mom even though he is not yet out here.

The hospital bags are almost packed. For this week, I have to install the crib, and pack the last minute stuff like cameras, books, cellphone chargers etc needed at the hospital. And of course, check the required documents needed by the hospital upon checking.

PS. I already made my baby a birth certificate hahaha... just to make sure that everything is not mispelled in case I am in my "bangag" state when the record section checks for my son's information.

No comments: