Monday, June 30, 2008

Rants on my Pregnancy

Entering my 8month of pregnancy, it finally sinked into me that I am really really pregnant and about to give birth soon! My belly's growth has been slow (and small) but consistent. Baby M is still incredibly active, especially when I'm talking to his Dad, and as I lay down to sleep at night. The movements are so big that sometimes I will gasp in surprise. The way I describe it, I felt like I have an octopus inside me. I can feel baby M's strong legs kicking up on my ribs and small tickles and flutters of his hands around my pubic bone.

Unlike the past few months, now I have many physical symptoms of pregnancy. Shortness of breath, acid reflux, calf cramping, hormonal flux and fluctuations in energy levels. Emotional ups and downs are frequent, I just let those tears come and the emotions surge, I am trying my best not to hold on them since it will affect my baby boy.

As I approach my full-term, I've been experiencing Braxton Hicks (uterine contractions) a lot more frequent. It's just practice labour. I read that sometimes, when the head is already down and there is pressure in the cervix, it may become stimulated enough to start contractions. I still don't want that now right?? Too early!

No comments: