Tuesday, June 24, 2008

30 Weeks

For my entire pregnancy, this month has been the most stressful one. I guess I find it really really hard to adjust being back in the province, staying with my parents and away from all my friends back in Manila. After years of living in Manila, I believe I have changed a lot and there are some practices that I cannot just apply it here in the province, so I need to adjust.

Now for pregnancy talk, my baby continues to grow and put on fats, that means he is demanding more and more space in my uterus. So much space that in fact, my other organs are getting squashed and mashed somewhere inside.

Last week, I woke up at 4AM feeling so much pain in my tummy. I thought I was having contractions, but I have this gut feeling that it's not. It's too early for me to have those signs. So I got out of bed and just sat at the sofa and waited till the pain is gone. The next day, I woke up again throwing up a bunch of acids. We immediately went to my OB. She told me I experienced flatulence which is very common during the late stage of pregnancy. I told her that the night before I ate 6 slices of pizza and had milk before bed. She advised me that I should take my meals 3-4hrs before bedtime to avoid heartburn and flatulence. Since myuterus expands into the space previously occupied by the digestive system, squeezing gastric acid back into the esophagus (which explains my "throwing up of acids").

So as of the moment, I can only manage a few bites of food at a time, after which I feel fullness in my stomach. Unlike some of my friends who says that they had a big appetite during their last trimester, it's unfortunate that I am not one of them. My appetite and food consumption has been so drastically reduced that I must now exercise extra caution to ensure the every morsel of food I put in my mouth is nutritious. I drank my milk twice a day already and make sure I eat enough fruits and vegetables.

Since my uterus is being pushed, my lungs just don't have the ability to expand like they did in the good 'ol days. I've been experience shortness of breath a lot and I can’t help but wonder what the effects of oxygen deprivation must be having on my already vulnerable pregnancy brain.

No comments: