Monday, April 7, 2008

Feeling Hot Hot Hot

Too bad for me, I'm carrying a baby for the hottest summer on the record. With my metabolism working overtime, it's easy for a pregnant woman like me to overheat. So to keep me cool and avoid those excruciating pain of migraine here are some things that I do to stay safe and comfortable:
  • I dress lightly in breathable fabrics whenever I'm home. My advice, you wear something cotton.
  • I only exercise in the afternoon or at night, when the air is cool.
  • Avoid staying out in the sun especially on hot days (or long exposure).
  • I take a bad two or three times a day during weekends, twice during weekdays when I'm at the office. Frequent tepid baths would do. You can even use your ice cold water from the fridge for the baths hehehe.
  • When the temperature is going to the extremes, I just stayed in my room and turn on my air conditioner the whole day. Yes, and my electric bills is soaring high too. If you don't have air-conditioning system at home, stay at the malls, bookstores or cafes. Note that fans usually doesn't help you keep cool.
  • I drink at least 2 liters of water a day to keep me hydrated. It also helps if you put lots of ice on the water or have it chilled. Carry a water bottle with you wherever you go. Avoid caffeine and alcohol or sodas, as well as sugary drinks like full-strength fruit juices. These stuff can dehydrate you.
So there it goes, some stuff I've learned to practice on this super hot summer while I'm pregnant.

No comments: