Monday, July 28, 2008

Of Routinary Checkup at 35 Weeks

Last Saturday I went back to my OB for another prenatal checkup. I now weight a WHOOPPING 138lbs (probably coz of fluids??)! Wow!! My OB says it's pretty normal, since the baby is gaining enough fats in preparation for delivery and for his own protection.

And my weekly checkup has begun. I have been looking forward for this event to happen. Each day, I have a little bit of excitement as to when my little one will show a sign that he wanted to see his Momma already.

So for this checkup, here's some notes:
  • Baby M is lying head first, a very good sign that I'll be having a normal delivery
  • The pin-and-needle that I have been feeling this past few days is now gone, and replaced by "knife-life" pain on my cervix. At times I find it hard to walk, because it's just too painful. My OB says, this is due to the fact that Baby M is starting to descend down there and my cervix has started to stretch (open) in preparation for delivery. Though she confirmed that Baby M is still floating. So she adviced me already to start my walking session.
  • Next checkup, I will have my internal examination, so she can predict my exact due date.

No comments: