Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Analyzing My Weight Gain

Two days shy of my 33weeks, I am now a whooping 132lbs!! To think that I am not that FAT at all. I still have 4-7 weeks before I can give birth, and that means, there's a probability that I can reach 136-139lbs (1 pound a week)!! Though I've read in some pregnancy sites that around 8months to 9months of pregnancy, pregnant women could probably stop gaining weight at all. So where did all these weight come from?

According to the pregnancy weight gain calculator, I should gain weight between 28 - 40 lbs, since I started underweight (98lbs), 12lbs short to my ideal weight. My OB made me understand that it is important to accept that I will be putting on weight during pregnancy to build up the life support system for my little baby.

WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION

My Body
  • 2.8 lbs is the weight of the uterus.
  • 1.2 lbs is the weight of breast tissue.
  • 3.6 lbs is because of increased blood volume.
  • 9.7 lbs is attributed to maternal stores of fat, protein and other nutrients.
  • 5.0 lbs is attributed to increased fluid volume.
Subtotal= 22.3lbs

My Baby
  • 7.5 lbs is about how much the baby will weigh by the end of pregnancy.
  • 1.9 lbs is how much the placenta weighs.
  • 2.3 lbs for the amniotic fluid.
Subtotal = 11.7lbs

TOTAL = 34 lbs


Since I got back in the province, my mother has prohibited me to do exercise!! Even squats and some weight training (I was doing this during my second trimester). The lack of exercise I guess is the cause of gaining too much weight and water retention. Imagine drinking at least two liters of water a day, how much weight that can add to my body?

Anyway, I will be starting my walking session soon. So I hope that I'll be loosing all these water retentions. I swear that I will get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I will starve myself again hahaha... and go back to my aerobic exercises, dumbells and jogging.

No comments: