Monday, March 17, 2008

Maternity Clothes = BROKE

I've been trying to fit in into my "singles" clothes for the past months, but 4days shy of 17 weeks; I was bursting at the seams . Finally, I had to bite to the bullet and fork over some dough of maternity clothes. Putting on my jeans felt like I was trying to stuff myself on a sausage (but my shirts still fits).

Part of me was looking forward to the experience of shopping for clothes that would flatter my preggy figure, and the other part of me was certainly NOT looking forward to the cost of adding pieces to my wardrobe that would only work for a few months. And the fact that it will add a tremendous amount of excess baggage once I move back to BCD.

So I decided quite early on, that I will not be buying most of my clothes from the maternity department. I wanted to buy something that I can still wear when I regain back my old figure hehehe. It's kind of hard to balance the cost of looking good and at the same time feeling comfortable, and working with my clothing budget.

I bought some of my maternity clothes from Gingersnaps, but I was not really happy with their designs and sizes. At size 1, the clothes were still too big for me and as for the designs, well, they're more mature and the colors were kind of dull. Great Expectations another maternity shop has lots of very interesting designs and the colors are more happy and playful. I wanted to visit the store around May when I already have the time. While searching for more clothes that will fit me, I luckily discovered this random boutique at Power Plant Mall. There were many different styles that flatter my figure, a lot of color selections and trendy styles. I tried every dresses and colors and much to my surprise I can still fit on the XS and S department. I was so happy because this would mean that these dresses can still fit me after giving birth! Recycling!

Note, there are lots and lots of maternity clothes in some department stores, but I'm just a little bit picky. Those in the department stores are affordable ones, and on the average one can really buy them at random selection. But it is my choice to refuse to wear something that was that will make me look 10 years older and ten sized too big for the sake of saving a couple of bucks.

Searching for maternity clothes is something new to me, hard and at the same time exciting. But live and learn right? Ces la vie!

No comments: