Sunday, March 16, 2008

You-Tee-Ai

I started to take my medicine last Friday for my UTI. Of course, I wasn't surprise at all when my OB gave me the news that I have an infection. Prior to my pregnancy, I used to have an unhealthy lifestyle, so I guess, this is just a slap-on-the face for not taking good care of my health.

Having a UTI is such a nightmare. I used to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes, and at night, I have to wake up every 3 hours because of the frequent urge to urinate. It's even worst when I could feel that pressure or sharp pain in my lower abdomen. It is important that pregnant women suffering with UTI should be treated immediately as to avoid infection to your baby and risk of miscarriage.

Some things that I have been doing ever since I found out I have one (aside from taking antibiotics):

* 10-12 glasses of water a day
* Intake of "buko" or coconut juice
* Cleaning the area 3 times a day to avoid infection
* Avoiding wearing tight jeans (wear something made of 100% cotton)

S
o it's been three days, I have never slept so soundly. I hope this infection is just a simple bladder infection. I told myself that from now on, I have a much greater responsibility now for myself and for my baby... so I really have to life a healthy life.

No comments: