Friday, February 8, 2008

11 Weeks

After a few weeks of straight work (10-11hrs a day), I'm beginning to feel the fatigue and stress for the very first time.

You see, my team is back for another design, and we've been spending 8hrs a day daily on the conference room for brainstorming, specification and design review. One day, I come home with a bad headache. It was so painful that I didn't get to eat, and sleep well. The headache lasted for a week. It was really scary, a migraine attack during my first-trimester where every thing is so delicate. The one thing that probably caused my headache was the glare of the projector during our meeting so I was advised to stay home and rest.

I've read that if you suffered from migraine attacks in the past, it is more likely strike more frequently during pregnancy. A pregnant woman should be prepared for dealing with migraine attacks preferably through prevention. If you know what brings the attack, you should try to avoid the culprit. Here are a few of those:
  • Stress
  • Chocolates
  • Cheese
  • Coffee
  • Red Wine
To ease up migraine, do one or more of the following:
  • Splashing the face with cold water or applying a cold cloth or ice pack
  • Avoid noise, light and odors by lying down in a darkened room for two or three hours with eyes covered
  • Don't read or watch TV
Since I've suffering from these attacks before, I didn't bother calling my OB. I just rested and PREVENTED drinking pain killers (harmful for the baby) and paracetamols (according to my OB, it's safe).

1 comment:

Gene said...

Thanks for these, now i know I'm not the only one suffering from migraine attacks. I'm on my 15th week and this annoying migraine won't give me a rest even after taking paracetamol.