Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm Half Way There!


Whoooaaa! I've made it to the halfway mark! This is me at 21-22 weeks of pregnancy. My baby is fast growing inside my tummy, and my belly button is already sticking out!

I felt like celebrating for a lot of reasons.
1. Obviously, reaching 20 weeks is such a milestone for me and baby.
2. My kidney and bladder turned out to be healthy! Yahoo! I was so nervous with the result. What if I do have stones in my kidney or a cyst?? Thank God of second chance. I promise myself to continue living a healthy life after pregnancy. But of course, I will still be on a strict diet.
3. After two blood blood chemistry tests, my creatinine result came out so low, meaning my kidney is in perfect shape and very much doing it's job of filtering out toxins.

Wow! All those years of abusing myself, I still turn out to be healthy, God works in mysterious ways indeed hehehe.

I have one problem though, I gained 5 lbs instead of 3 or 4 lbs. I don't really eat that much but it's hard to keep my weight ideally. So currently, I'm limiting my intake of carbohydrates and sweets, and that includes rice, white bread, pastas.. and many more hehehe. Carbohydrates and sweets makes the baby grow bigger than they usually do.

I basically eat high protein foods, for cell development, and continually take prenatal vitamins, iron and anmum. When your at this stage, wherein the baby is fast growing and developing, and pumping more blood, make sure that you're getting enough iron. This is to support the needs of your body for your developing baby and placenta, and to keep up with your expanding blood volume.

Oh and those skin eruptions! Duh!!! I felt like I'm back in my puberty stage, pimples are growing everywhere: at the back of my neck, on my forehead, lower cheeks, you name it! Plus rashes, dryness of skin and some discolorations.

But despite of these unpleasant side effects of pregnancy, I am still loving and enjoying single moment of my journey towards motherhood.

6 comments:

Mayet said...

Blooming diyapon ah :)

Jarminator said...

tabachuy na gani meyms

moli said...

jarms kagamay gd gyapon ka tiyan mo. hehehe. mga pila na ka months gani?

Jarminator said...

manug 6 na when that picture was taken. now, 6 mons na.

Jarminator said...

mon, first ko time amo ni kadaku, it's really weird tanawon.

moli said...

nope you don't look weird. ky everything is growing in balance man not just your stomach. ako ya stomach lng gadaku. hahaha. ikaw preggy ako butiti. hekhekhek