Sunday, March 2, 2008

14 Weeks

Today, I am not as tired and as sick as I had been for the past weeks. I met with my OB today. Upon arrival, the secretary weighted me, 108lbs! Yay! And then waited in the queue until it was finally my turn.

Dr. Perona checked my blood pressure and checked my weight again. I asked her if I'm gaining too much or too little but she says that it's ideal since I've gained 4 lbs for the last 4 weeks (ideally, one should gain 1 lb a week). Next she checked my baby's heartbeat. This time around, she didn't have any difficulty looking for the right spot. Right away, we can hear the baby's heartbeat. It was louder this time. I was very very happy, it seems that baby is doing well and have a very strong heartbeat. Praise be to God for this!

D
r. gave me OB Smart and Ferrous Sulfate for supplements and iron. Another month of pampering myself and taking each vitamins religiously.

I can't wait for my next checkup, by then I'll be 18 Weeks and the gender of the baby can be determined by an expert sonographer. Though I have no preference really, but it's nice to know if you're going to have a boy or girl right ahead so you can look for baby names and be able to find the right stuff for him or her when she's finally out on the world to meet me and B.

No comments: